Water damage is never a welcome guest in your home. Summer storms, broken pipes in the winter and appliances gone bad are all culprits. Regardless of the cause, Sams is here to take action for you right away.
Sams offers 24 hour water damage restoration services. Our technicians have extensive experience and are formally trained to protect your home and its furnishings. Water is quickly removed and evaporation techniques are employed to prevent additional damage.
Our company is insured with an emphasis in Liability and Mold for your protection. If your insurance policy excludes your water damage restoration, we will provide you with a competitive proposal.
These are the steps we take to get you up and running again
- Inspection and Assessment of Damage – Each situation is unique, so Sams will provide a proposal and communication sheet for the job.
- Debris Removal – We will carefully remove and dispose of all damaged debris to allow for effective water extraction.
- Furniture Manipulation – Defend, protect, and secure your belongings from further damage.
- Moisture Detection – Measuring the moisture content in a variety of building materials to detect water damage and monitor the process of drying damaged materials.
- Water Extraction – Water removed by a powerful truck-mounted extraction system. This is a vital step in the drying process to help prevent further damage.
- Anti-Microbial Application to Prevent Mold/Mildew – Microban Disinfectant is applied to protect against germs and odor, and kill allergy and disease causing germs, bacteria, mold fungi and mildew. This product is registered with the E.P.A., USDA/N.S.F. and is approved for use by professional cleaners and restorers.
- Structural and Drying Equipment – This is immediately deployed, crucial in preventing mold growth. The remaining moisture must be removed through evaporation and dehumidification.
- Constant Communication and Monitoring from beginning to completion to your satisfaction.
- Carpet Repairs – Returns your carpet to its pre-loss condition. See Carpet Repairs.
- Construction Repairs – Any construction repairs required are identified with you to make sure every aspect of your needs are met.
Quick Action Safe Water Clean-Up TIPS
- SAFETY FIRST – Use caution when entering a flooded area. Make sure electric power is off and the structure is sound before entering.
- PROTECT YOURSELF – Wear protective clothing like long pants, eye protection, and rubber gloves. If you can and weather permitting, open windows for air flow.
- REMOVAL OF PERSONAL ITEMS – Keep what can be saved and throw away ones that cannot. In a sewage loss items that are porous that have absorbed the flood water shouldn’t be restored. Wipe down the items with a clean cloth right away so no more damage may occur. For instance, removing furniture drawers to help air flow and wiping down excess water throughout.
- UNREMOVABLE ITEMS – Any items that cannot be removed, try to place something to protect the items like foam blocks or plastic between them and the wet flooring.
- CLEANING FABRICS/CLOTHING – Can be machine washed or dry cleaned and it needs to happen right away. Check labels for cleaning instructions and if you can use hot water, use it.
- DRYING STRUCTURE – Requires airflow and proper dehumidification in conjunction with the possible removal of drywall, baseboards, tack strips, carpet, pad, etc. This is when you will need a professional water restoration specialist. They can determine the level of damage, recommend a drying plan, and advise you on what can be saved and what cannot.
- PREVENTING MOLD CONTAMINATION – Although it may take a few days to appear, mold thrives in a moist environment. The quicker you remove waterthe better chances the mold will not appear. Keep air moving and maintain as moderate temperatures as possible. A professional water restoration specialist will make sure air flow and drying methods are used to confirm drying is complete.
- AIR FLOW – Air movement is so important as stated before. Turning on air conditioners in the hot summers and heaters in the cold winters can assist in the drying process.
- REBUILDING – It takes time to remove moisture from a home or business. Reconstruction cannot proceed until moisture levels have reached pre-loss conditions. Professionals have moisture meters to inspect the area and confirm proper drying before reconstruction.
- HIRING PROFESSIONALS – Contact Sams Carpet Cleaning & Repairs right away. We have trained technicians specializing in restorative drying techniques; including structural drying, content restoration, and anti-microbial application for all your property and items to return them back to their previous condition or better.
Sams Carpet Cleaning & Repairs is committed to distinctive customer service in every aspect of our business.
Jeff Sams, President of Sams Carpet Cleaning & Repairs, established his business in 1985 offering a wide variety of services to commercial and residential customers throughout the St. Louis Metropolitan area.
Our Sams Team understands commitment to excellence and they take pride in meeting and exceeding their customer expectations-
About Sams Carpet Cleaning & Repairs
It’s not about yellow vans and carpet, it’s about people.
Saying “it’s about people” is easy. Living it is something else. We thought long and hard about what we truly value, what makes us “tick” and what promises we can make and keep every day. We thought about our customers, their needs, and how we, ourselves, want to be treated by service providers. After all, you’re inviting us into your home, business, or commercial space, and we take that seriously.
The values that emerged didn’t surprise us, because they’re in our hearts. They’re reflected in the way we operate. We define our values with three fundamental beliefs:
We believe education is more important than sales. Empowering people to make wise decisions is at the core of our process. We’re interested in helping people better understand the steps it will take to bring their interior environment back to life. We know that a relationship built on trust is far better than a simple transaction.
We are committed to our community. We strive to make it better as a whole, enhancing the quality of life and creating healthy spaces for people to live, work and gather. Our work isn’t just about business; it’s about pride and the satisfaction that comes from doing the right thing.
See our community efforts here.
We make people happy. When it’s all said and done, this is the measure of our success. Knowing that our customers are comfortable with our process and delighted with the outcome is our biggest joy. It’s why we make ourselves available 24/7. When disaster strikes, we’re there. Customers turn to us for regular, dependable service because they love working with our team.
This is what drives us. Sams is proud to be a local, family owned business, serving residential, commercial, and multi-family housing customers since 1985. While we hold those family and community values in the highest esteem, we also have the size and scale to tackle projects of all sizes, both large and small. How can we serve you?
Carpet cleaning is our name, and it’s a big part of who we are and what we do. But did you know that Sams offers a comprehensive slate of cleaning and repair services to care for your entire interior space?
Whether it’s for your home, commercial space, or multi-housing / apartment building, our skilled and certified team provides:
Enjoy a freshly cleaned carpet and extend its life
There’s nothing like a fresh, clean carpet to renew your appreciation for the place you call home. The bonus many people don’t know about is that many carpet manufacturers recommend professional cleaning to maintain your warranty. Plus, with proper maintenance, cleaning, and care by the Sams Carpet Cleaning team, your carpet’s lifecycle will be extended and its appearance preserved.
Turning dirty, matted carpets into something you can be proud of is what we do every day at Sams. We’re passionate about truly satisfying our customers and making your home a real place of comfort. It’s not just about having the right equipment in the hands of skilled technicians, it’s about truly caring.
When our yellow van shows up
We love what we do and it shines through. You’ll notice that from the moment we arrive. People ask us to return because of our commitment to excellence and to doing the right thing every time we show up. We use a process that gets your carpet beautifully clean while being respectful of your things. Here’s how we do it:
- Your furniture is carefully moved. We’re mindful of breakable objects apply corner guards.
- Applying the latest removal technology, your carpets are pre-treated for stains or smells.
- A powerful truck-mount steam extraction cleaning system is used to clean deep into your carpet fibers.
- High traffic areas get dirty and matted. Our team brings those areas back to life with the most advanced extraction cleaning system on the market today, which allows us to thoroughly clean all sides of the carpet fiber.
- A fresh water rinse is applied so there’s no sticky residue and your carpet stays cleaner longer. This is a very important step!
- Your carpet will be dry in about a half day, depending on carpet thickness, humidity and air circulation. Good airflow and comfortable temperature settings will help carpets dry more quickly.
- Before we leave our team will groom your carpet pile to assist in the drying process and reduce the appearance of matting and crushing.
- The Sams team will perform a thorough, final inspection of the work thoroughly and make sure you are fully satisfied.
FREE “Outta Sight” Spot Remover!
All Sams Carpet Cleaning & Repair customers will receive a free, refillable bottle of our “Outta Sight” Spot Remover to help with spot cleaning in between professional cleaning.
How To Prepare For Carpet Cleaning Service:
- We ask our customers to pre-vacuum and move all breakables and small items before we can move any furniture.
- Please bring to our Professional Service Technician’s attention any spots or stains that may require special cleaning techniques.
- Pin-up any full-length draperies so that they are at least 6 inches off the carpet.
- Exterior doors will remain slightly open with our equipment and when our Professional Service Technicians come in and out of your home or business. This is important for our customers to be aware of for the safety of any small children or pets and for any customers visiting the business.
- A special caution to our customers to use care when stepping off of the carpet onto a hard surface while the carpet is still damp, it will be slippery.
- Try to avoid walking on the carpet while it’s still damp so that the carpet pile will not matt down and/or to prevent from resoiling.
- When the carpet is fully dry, you can remove any furniture blocks and dispose of them right away.
Removing Carpet Stains and Spots
Carpet stains in your facility can be a real headache. With your busy schedule and many responsibilities, it’s probably the last thing you want to deal with. Whether you’re managing an office building, a school, church or hotel, a carpet stain is just one of the many reasons to call Sams Carpet Cleaning & Repair Services.
We know that effectively removing spots on carpet requires patience, quick and careful attention, and that’s exactly what you get with Sams on your side. If you delay, the possibility of a spill becoming a permanent stain increases. If you act quickly and call Sams immediately, most spots can be removed!
Spots and Stains are Two Different Things
You don’t want to have to worry about how to get a spot or a stain out of the carpet in your building, but it’s important to know that the Sams team has the knowledge to identify the difference between the two so that we can treat them appropriately. A spot is a temporary discoloration caused by a spill or something similar. A stain, on the other hand, is a discoloration caused by a chemical reaction or by penetration of a discoloring material into the yarn’s dye site. There are two types of stains:
- Color ADDED situation, which may be remedied through use of a color removal product and process to correct it
- Color LOSS stain (bleach, fading, etc.) that may be addressed, in some cases, by a spot dye process of carpet patch.
Sams’ trained professionals use the latest equipment and techniques to return your carpet to its best possible condition. We fully inspect problem areas, and talk with you to determine if you’ve already tried to apply any sort of over-the-counter cleaner as some cleaning agents can set the stain and could deter efforts to remove it.
Yet there’s more to being a specialist than having technical expertise. Sams field technicians truly care, and are committed to making your building the best it can be.
Commercial Interior Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning and Stain removal is not the only thing in our bag of tricks. Building Managers also depend on us as a valuable partner for a host of other interior services.
They’ll Never Know it was Damaged
Over time, your carpet can begin to experience wear and tear, and you may start noticing the following things happening:
- Ripples in your carpet
- Seams that are coming apart
- Carpet pulling away from a threshold
- Sunfade or bleach stains
- Snags in woven carpet
- Frayed edges
- And more
FREE Inspections for Carpet Repairs
Sams will come to your home, free of charge, to inspect your damaged carpet and determine an appropriate course of action to repair your carpet.
What Can Sams do to Fix My Carpet?
There are many options available to fix the damage and extend the life of your carpet!
- Carpet patching … use a spare piece of your carpet to patch areas where there may be holes, burns, stains or fading.
- Re-seam Carpet … if your carpet seams are coming apart, our process will bond them back together!
- Carpet Stretching … power stretching your carpet will eliminate ripples and make your carpet smooth again.
- Trim replacement and repair … metal carpet trim pieces can become damaged over the years. We can repair or replace your trim!
- Threshold repair … your thresholds may also experience damage over time. The Sams team can repair or replace them for a fresh appearance.
- Spot Dyeing … while some spots can be removed through our spot & stain removal process, some are more stubborn. In these cases, we can dye your carpet to match and restore the color.
When you call us, it comes with the assurance that you’ll be fully satisfied with a job done right. At Sams we’re not only committed to technical excellence, but to friendly professionalism.
We care about making a difference, and it shows up in respect for you, your home and things in your home. It’s not just about fixing carpet. It’s about making that part of your home whole again so you can enjoy every bit of it.
We’ll make your hard surfaces sparkle again
It’s not just your carpet that gets dirty from all that walking. Maybe you’ve noticed your tile and grout also getting grungy. With the right tools and a little elbow grease (or a lot) you can make it look better. Is that how you want to spend your time?
You want your floor and other hard surfaces to sparkle. But the mop, sponge, and whatever else you’ve tried isn’t doing the job. We are passionate about helping our customers enjoy a cleaner, fresher home. Did you know that one of our specialties is cleaning and restoring all types of stone and tile surfaces?
The tile and grout cleaning process
Here’s how our technicians do it:
- An inspection is performed of the surface for any damage.
- The furniture is moved with care and the work area is prepared. We ask that our customers remove all breakables.
- Sweeping and vacuuming removes loose dirt, dust, or soil.
- A pre-conditioner breaks down oils and stains.
- Floors are scrubbed with abrasive brushes to remove stains and traffic patterns.
- Pressure cleaning is done with a rotary hot water extractor leaving the area clean and fresh.
- Excess water residue is removed and the drying process starts.
- Once dried, furniture is placed in its original positions.
NOTE: If sealant is applied, the drying process will take a little longer and the furniture will need be replaced at a later time.
Clean Ducts and Vents Mean Cleaner Air
Carpet cleaning is just one aspect of enjoying a clean and healthy home. What about your air ducts and dryer vents? You wouldn’t believe how dirty they get. Not only is air flow restricted, but your health can be affected.
Because we care about our customer and their whole home, Dirty Duct Cleaning Service, a subsidiary of Sams Carpet Cleaning & Repairs is here to solve your air duct problems.
We use a powerful truck-mounted system that cleans out all the junk. A rotating brush scrubs the walls of the ducts, removing any build-up of dust and dust mites. As it’s removed the system collects the debris in our van outside.
Your home is left clean and uncontaminated as both supply and return ductwork are left in great condition.
How long does it take to clean ducts and vents?
The ducts and vents in your home can take anywhere from 1 ½ hours to 4 hours to clean, depending upon the size of the house and how dirty the system is. At the time of service, your furnace will be turned off until the work is completed.
Going the extra mile for you
With approval from our clients, we use an Anti-Microbial Disinfectant to inhibit the growth of molds, mildews, and other odor causing bacteria. We do this at no additional cost. Anti-Microbial Disinfectant is registered with the E.P.A. and is approved for use by professional cleaners.
Make your home smell clean and fresh
Have you ever walked into a friend’s home and been greeted by an unpleasant smell? Your next thought probably went something like this: “I hope my home doesn’t have an odor.” Odors like this can happen without you realizing it:
- Mildew Odors
- Pet Smells
- Cooking Odors
- “I have no idea what that smell is” Odors
Thermo Fog: Quickly hunts down and kills odors
Restoring odor damaged materials is quickly done with a Thermo Fog process. Producing a dry fog at a particle size of .25 to 50 microns, it completely neutralizes smoke, pet, food and other odors.
The small particle size fully penetrates contaminated surfaces and reduces airborne odor particles. Because the fog follows the same path as smoke and odors, it reaches into cracks, crevices and voids.
Ozone machines: Purify the air in your home
Filters alone can’t stop many indoor pollutants, and fragrances simply cover up the odors in your home. Our ozone machines convert normal oxygen (o2) to activated oxygen (o3) otherwise known as ozone. The activated oxygen breaks down odors and other pollutants at the source instead of simply covering them up.
Dehumidifiers: Reduce the humidity in your home
Humidity levels in your basement, crawlspaces and other areas can be the cause of mold and musty smells. By reducing humidity, we make the environment unfavorable for mold and the problems it brings.
How long does the odor control process take?
When we use Thermo Fog you need to be away for 2-4 hours after the process is completed.
When we use the ozone machine, you need to be away while the machine is running. Our Technician will tell you how long you should be away and what to do after the machine stops running.
Your Furniture and Upholstery Matter
Do you feel like your upholstered furniture has seen better days? Just like your carpet, your furniture and its upholstery becomes dirty, dingy and stained. It’s just part of the wear and tear of life. You might not even notice it until you make plans for friends or relatives to come for a visit. But think twice before buying something new! The upholstery cleaning experts at Sams may be able to have your furniture looking good as new! We’re committed to giving you the best care and attention to detail with your furniture, just like we do when we clean your carpet.
We know that not all upholstery is created equal. Furniture makers use many different types of fabric and construction techniques, and they don’t all get the same treatment. Our professional service technicians use a careful, customized process to care for your upholstery. The first step is to carefully inspect your piece and determine which method is appropriate to clean your upholstery furniture:
- Dry Clean Process – appropriate for fabrics that cannot be exposed to water; oil based solvent is applied and extracted. We recommend dry cleaning for white, off-white, light-colored and smooth textured furniture.
- Steam Clean Process – fabric is pre-treated and rinsed
- Color testing will be performed on a small, unnoticeable area
- Vacuuming will remove dry particles
- Special attention is given to problem areas using the best removal techniques
- Gentle steam cleaning is performed or dry cleaning is done using an oil based solvent
- Fabric Protection may be applied where appropriate
Repairing Damage from Pets
Your pets are like family, and sometimes even more lovable. But they sometimes do things that damage your carpet, rugs, upholstered furniture, and tile floors. When this happens, you may not be ready to replace everything Fido left his mark on, so you’re in search of the best team to help you repair the damage. The good news is that the Sams team is just a phone call away!
Pet Urine in Carpets and Rugs
Did you know that when your pet has an accident on the carpet, the impact is much more than you can see on the surface. It goes all the way down to the padding, and even to the subfloor! Deposits can be trapped below the carpet face fibers. That’s why surface cleaning doesn’t always do the trick, especially when it comes to eliminating the odor.
The Sams team will perform an inspection to identify the best course of action to clean the stains and remove the odor. There are many possibilities, depending on the extent of the damage:
- Minor Impact – Regular cleaning and use of enzymes to remove the odor may do the trick for minor damage
- Repeat Offenders – If your pet has a long history of accidents in the house, or has a favorite spot, we’ll ask to do a more thorough inspection to assess the extent of the damage. This involves shining a special light on the areas in question, and potentially even pulling back the carpet and pad to identify what damage might be underneath. If there is significant damage, regular cleaning methods will make the smell worse. Cleaning the subfloor, padding, carpet backing and sealing the floor may be in order.
When you hire the Sams team, you get trained technicians who care, and want you to have the information you need to make educated decisions and be fully satisfied with a job done right. We’re not just committed to excellence, but to the kind of professionalism and respect that raises the bar carpet cleaning, carpet repair, tile and grout cleaning, air duct cleaning, and more.
A Division of Sams Carpet Cleaning & Repairs
We understand the value of fine rugs. With proper care and maintenance of these rugs they can be more than a household furnishing, they are a lifetime investment.
That’s why we’ve dedicated ourselves to going above and beyond to care for your rugs, and leveraging our decades of experience in the rug cleaning business for you. We know that your rugs are exposed to wear and tear, and over time, spot cleaning and vacuuming is not enough. Pets make mistakes. Kids spill kool-aid. Grit ground into the fibers each day can be abrasive as sandpaper. FrenchTown is here to help.
From the very high end rugs and those that have been passed down through the generations, to a rug you may have recently bought from a big box store, the FrenchTown team knows the right techniques to properly clean, remove stains, and dry your rug to return it to its best possible condition.
Master Rug CertificationIn fact, FrenchTown Rug Cleaning is one of the few fine and area rug cleaning companies certified as a Master Rug Cleaner!
This is the gold standard in training and certification for Rug Cleaning Professionals, and demonstrates not only our expertise, but also our dedication to extraordinary work ethic, the highest quality service, and ongoing education. It’s the kind of team you can trust to care for and clean your rugs!
FrenchTown Rug Cleaning Co. recognizes different fibers, constructions, colorfastness ,and types of rugs. This is especially important when cleaning fine rugs. Whether made by hand or machine, we can clean these types of rugs and many more:
- Karastan® Rugs
- Chinese Rugs
- Indian Rugs
- Persian Rugs
- Kashmir Rigs
- Tribal Rugs
- Turkish Rugs
The FrenchTown Rug Cleaning Process, Completed by Hand in our Climate Controlled Facility with Environmentally Friendly Products:
- Rugs are inspected with the customer for any concerns, size, and pricing.
- Rugs are examined and tested for color fastness to determine the safe cleaning method.
- Safe removal of any dry particles/soil in the rugs using the Rug Badger System.
- Rugs are safely hand cleaned using our unique cleaning technology process and equipment.
- The fringes are hand cleaned to restore the color and softness.
- Drying technique is performed in a humidity and temperature controlled room in our plant to give the rug fibers a soft, dry, and clean feel.
- Optional services can be applied:
- Rug Protectant.
- Moth Protection
- Pet Enzyme Treatment.
- After the rug is dry, another inspection is performed to make sure the preferred cleaning results were accomplished. If the rug cleaning doesn’t meet our satisfaction, we will repeat any steps of our cleaning process that may be necessary.
- Customer Service Representative will contact the customer once the rug is prepared for customer pick-up or delivery.
The FrenchTown team wants to help you make the most of your investment in your fine rug. Specialty area rugs require the attention of a practiced, professional rug cleaning expert to help ensure its value as an heirloom. A thorough deep cleaning is recommended every one to three years to help protect it from long-term damage such as spills, pet urine, and everyday wear and tear. The good news is that FrenchTown offers you our Certified Master Rug Cleaners, our decades of experience in rug cleaning, as well as the equipment and technology to clean and care for your rugs properly in a temperature controlled environment.
The Sams Approach
By now you know we’re a little different. We love cleaning and repairing carpet, fine rugs, tile and grout, air ducts and more – and we love doing it well. What we truly find interesting, however, is our customers. You’ll find a personable, no-pressure approach. You’ll feel the pride we take in our work and the joy we find in serving you. We are also Insured and Bonded, and a Certificate of Insurance is available upon request. Let the Sams team care for your interior space!