Most of the things that kill people are locked in place things that we can not see or smell until everything was too late. You do not see flames or smoke that warns you. The absence of a visible danger is a major problem for potential savior is the cause of approximately half of the danger of death locked in place.
For some reason, he did not make it in the mind of the rescuers that no matter how putting people first, below, continues the same thing to them. Do not think you can still breathe and try to handle it inside and out.
Another common misconception that can be very dangerous when working in confined spaces is that the air is oxygen and the oxygen is air. How often do you hear a welder wanted a bottle of air when he actually takes a bottle of oxygen. Remember that air only contains 20.9% oxygen. You not only get a big problem when the oxygen content below 19.5%, but you also got a big problem if the oxygen content above 25%, especially if you're welding or burning.
The terms of the working space is limited:
- All employees are required to enter into confined or enclosed space will be instructed to understand the properties of existing hazards, the precautions that need to be done, and the use of protective equipment and emergency equipment, especially equipment to assist breathing.
- Before the workers allowed to enter any confined space or closed, the air on the ground must be examined to determine the oxygen content and the concentration of flammable vapors, gases and toxic content of each of the following substances:
Vapor or flammable gas is greater than 10% of lower explosive limit.
Toxic waste over 75% of the level immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH).
Oxygen is less than 19.5 or greater than 25%
Communication of vision, sound or gesture) will be maintained between workers who are confined or enclosed spaces each to prepare a rescue in an emergency situation and every worker in charge of each space is limited or closed. In all cases, all the protective equipment that workers needed in an emergency must be available immediately that may be needed to rescue the workers in places where space is limited or closed.
In the event however, a worker should not enter confined spaces without a helper rescue and respiratory devices automatically when the voice communication, vision or gesture was not done by workers at work place is. When a worker enters a confined space containing toxic or flammable vapors, he will be equipped with and use a rope guarded.
Following the employee's personal protective equipment required in all instances where proper ventilation is not available:
- Auxiliaries proper breathing for the number and types of hazards are expected, such as the lack of oxygen or solvent concentration. Auxiliaries are not needed if the respiratory volume, oxygen concentration between 19.5 and 23.5 percent, the concentration of vapor pressure at or below the specified limit (TLV or PEL), and oxygen or vapor concentration would not give a significant influence on the job.
- Belt or safety strap
- Safety rope.
All electrical equipment, lighting, extension cord, etc. used in confined areas must meet the requirements of the National Electricity Law to the hazardous area.
A licensing system must be adequate to cover at least the following:
- Date, time and period of validity of the licenses.
- Names of the people who entered a confined
- The results of the examination.
- Emergency and special equipment protection.
- Signatures of all involved
- All fastening devices, cabling and installation of pipelines and key power source required.
- Enough copies for people in need of complete safety, workers and supervisors involved.
If a customer licenses do not meet these requirements, will be reached a mutually agreeable alternative.