At each fire extinguisher must be content-instruction, and instruction manual. You must be familiar with the types of extinguishers work area where you are and when to use them.
Fire extinguishers blue foam can be used on all types of fires except those involving electrical current.
Carbon dioxide fire extinguishers colored red with a green base and can be used on all types of fires.
Before starting welding or cutting job, know where the nearest fire extinguisher.
There is no sense of panic is worse than when you need a fire extinguisher and where you do not know where to find it.
If the work you are doing is considered a HOT WORK such as: welding or cutting out of the garage which was set up for these jobs, you must follow the safety guidelines of the Hot Work Permit. This usually requires a review of the existing fire system and procurement of equipment and additional personnel in which the existing system was inadequate.
A fire extinguisher should be regarded as the tools required for a person whose job it creates a fire hazard.
Additional tools such as fire suppression (fire hoses) are also provided to protect you. Use the time to familiarize yourself with the place and the proper use of all equipment.
Questions about fire extinguishers.
1. Where fire extinguishers area where you work?
2. Signs are there any fire extinguishers in use as a guide?
3. Dry powder fire extinguishers are used for what kind of fire?
4. Foam fire extinguishers are used for what kind of fire?
5. Carbon dioxide fire extinguishers are used for what kind of fire?
6. Can you use a fire extinguisher foam to extinguish the fire due to electricity?
7. Are there fire hoses located your work area, if any, where?
8. Types of fire hazards are posed by welding and cutting?