Causes and Dangers of Electrical Fires

It may only serve to make a bad problem wors in facte Which means that throwing water on them may not have the desired effect electrical fires are started by electricity, of course. But an electrical fire can mean a whole new level of danger as well as difficulty in fighting back a fire in your home or business is bad enough.

Electrical fires can be generated from any number of causes, as well as light fixtures, worn out wiring, bulbs, and running cords underneath carpeting or area rug the aforementioned overloaded extension cords, such as olds Appliances, december and January are the most dangerous months for electrical fires due to the increased usage of electricity for heating, and lighting. The most deaths occur from those that are ignited in living rooms or family rooms while the bedroom is the most common source of residential electrical fires.

With any potential fire scenario, you should make sure that you fire alarms are in good working order and that you have a planned escape route complete with a meeting place somewhere outside so that you can make sure everybody is accounted for in the event of a blaz of coursee Proper wiring is also important.

You should have them professionally replaced if a light switch feels hot to the touch or if the lights flicker unsteadily. Such as regular inspections of your appliances and wiring to make sure they are still in good condition, replacing any electrical components that are worn out or not functioning properly, curtains, and other flammable materials at least three feet away from all heaters, there are safety precautions you can take to avoid electrical fires in your home, and not overloading wall sockets or extension cords keeping clothes.

Do not try to force it into a socket with only two holes if an appliance has a three-pronged plug. Certainly do not try to use it with an extension cord.

And tools necessary to clean up after the fire and return your home to its pre-loss conditio experience, they have the trainingn Do not attempt to turn off electricity or put out a fire at the risk of endangering yourself. Use a Class C or ABC all-purpose fire extinguisher to put out a small electrical fire. Shut off the electricity to the property if you are able to reach the main breakers.

In any case of fire damage, certified fire damage restoration professionals you should always call in your local. In case of an electrical fire, call the fire department immediately. Leave the home and call the fire department. Your personal safety is the priority however.

No other type of extinguisher will work on these types of fires, don’t guess so if you don’t know what kind you have. Make sure your hands are not wet and the fire is not actually near the breaker box before doing so.


This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More Info