24/7 Emergency Water Removal - Water Damage Services - From Under Water to Under ControlFrom excess rain to a broken pipe, flooding can wreak havoc on your home and belongings. Although it almost always happens when you’re least expecting it, reaction time is critical. To minimize the damage, water removal must happen quickly. When a flooding emergency occurs, you need expert help - and you need it fast. Stanley Steemer’s trained technicians are on call 24/7. They arrive on the scene with powerful, state-of-the-art equipment that extracts the water from your home.
Our certified restoration experts are trained to deal with water removal emergencies, and they will contact you within 15 minutes of your initial call. They will also advise you how to minimize the water damage until our crew arrives, which is always in three hours or less.
Minimize the Damage
- If possible, stop the water at its source.
- Turn off the electricity and remove small electrical devices from the areas with excess water, if it is safe to do so.
- Avoid walking on wet carpet.
- Remove small furnishings from carpeted areas or place aluminum foil under furniture legs. This helps prevent permanent rust of furniture stains.
- Hang draperies and pin up furniture skirts to avoid contact with wet floors.
- Remove any breakables, moisture-sensitive and high value items, as well as items that may stain floor coverings. Check under the beds and other furnishings.
- Plan for restoration crews to move furniture into dry areas.
- Wash your hands after handling damaged items.
- Avoid the possibility of electric shock. Do not use home vacuum or shop vacuum to remove the water.
- Avoid the temptation to turn on fans or heating and air conditioning units as they may spread contamination if the situation is sewage-related.
We Get the Water Out
- Extraction equipment is brought into the home to physically remove any freestanding water. Water is extracted from carpet, padding and upholstery.
- If necessary, carpet and/or padding may be removed for proper drying.
- Professional grade drying and dehumidifying equipment is used to dry the affected areas and return the humidity levels in your home to normal. Special instruments will be used to identify hidden pockets of water.
- Proper extraction and drying techniques help minimize the possibility of secondary damage, potential microbial growth and reduces costs.
- Stanley Steemer® professionals will monitor the drying process daily, repositioning drying equipment as needed.
Once your home and belongings are dry, we put everything back where it belongs. If necessary, we even work directly with you and your insurance agent to process the insurance claim.
Clean, dry and back to normal. No one does it better than Stanley Steemer.
Experts you can trust.
All Stanley Steemer water restoration specialists have Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the most widely recognized and accepted certification program in the industry. These individuals are highly trained and prepared for any emergency water removal task they encounter. In addition to certification, our technicians attend IICRC-accredited continuing education and training programs throughout the year. We provide the time and money to train our people, and we supply them with the best equipment available.
Stanley Steemer provides trained technicians and state-of-the-art equipment you can’t get anywhere else. When flooding occurs, why muddy the waters? Call Stanley Steemer.
How do I get in touch with Stanley Steemer if I have a water emergency?
We are available 24 hours a day to help you handle your water emergency. Just call our 24-hour call center at 1-800-STEEMER (1-800-783-3637) and our Customer Service Advisors will have a certified restoration specialist get in touch with you right away.
What can I expect from the restoration experts?
You will speak with a certified restoration specialist very soon after your call. Then we’ll do the following to help you reclaim your home.
- Advise you of what to do to minimize damage until our crew arrives.
- Dispatch certified, trained, and experienced water damage crews to your home within three hours or less.
- Pump out freestanding water quickly, and then extract water from carpet, padding, and upholstery.
- Remove carpet and padding if deemed necessary. We will then clean, dry, and reinstall carpet and padding based on IICRC standards.
- Provide professional grade equipment for a controlled drying process of your home and its contents—this minimizes the possibility of secondary damage and potential microbial growth.
- Use specialized instruments to locate hidden pockets of water and to technically monitor the dehumidification/drying process.
- Work directly with your insurance company to process claims and get your home back to normal as soon as possible.
- Make sure your home’s structure and contents are dry, to the recommended industry standards for your area of the country.